|This article is about a/an episode in Kamen Rider Hibiki.|
|The Echoing Oni|
|Kamen Rider Hibiki, Episode 1|
|Air date January 30, 2005|
|Written by Tsuyoshi Kida & Shinji Oishi|
|Directed by Hidenori Ishida|
The Eternal Trump
The Howling Spider
A teenager named Asumu Adachi goes with his mother on Yaku Island for a family reunion and meets a man named Hibiki. He later meets with his cousin, two monsters and Hibiki transforms into an armored figure and kills the one monster. What is really going on?
A young teenager named Asumu Adachi wakes up and dresses to go to school. Time passes and he leaves from school and weekend begins. Asumu travels to Yaku Island with his mother for a family reunion and in the boat, he meets and a man named Hibiki. A child is amazed by the dolphins and goes to see them and falls overboard but Hibiki saved him. Asumu is amazed at Hibiki.
Asumu and his mother arrived at Yaku Island and they reunited with their family living there. On Yaku Island, people are disappearing in the forests and Hibiki goes in to investigate. Meanwhile, Asumu was eating with his family but gets bored and goes to a forest with his cousin, Chizu Adachi, to enjoy the view. The two kids were followed by the Makamou Douji and Hime. Asumu and Chizu meet Hibiki coincidentally.
The Makamou make a web and trap Chizu into it. Hibiki leaves Asumu to take care of Chizu and goes after Douji and Hime. Hibiki takes out a thing named Onkaku and transforms into an armored figure called "Oni". Hibiki fights with the two Makamou. Asumu goes to the scene and sees Hibiki fighting Douji. Hibiki fires a flame from his mouth and kills Douji.
- Hibiki (響鬼（ヒビキ） Hibiki?): Shigeki Hosokawa (細川 茂樹 Hosokawa Shigeki?)
- Asumu Adachi (安達 明日夢 Adachi Asumu?): Rakuto Tochihara (栩原 楽人 Tochihara Rakuto?)
- Kasumi Tachibana (立花 香須実 Tachibana Kasumi?): Mayu Gamou (蒲生 麻由 Gamō Mayu?)
- Hinaka Tachibana (立花 日菜佳 Tachibana Hinaka?): Miyuki Kanbe (神戸 みゆき Kanbe Miyuki?)
- Hitomi Mochida (持田 ひとみ Mochida Hitomi?): Erika Mori (森 絵梨佳 Mori Erika?)
- Ikuko Adachi (安達 郁子 Adachi Ikuko?): Kaoru Mizuki (水木 薫 Mizuki Kaoru?)
- Douji (童子 Dōji?): Mitsu Murata (村田 充 Murata Mitsu?)
- Parent Douji : Sei Ashina
- Hime (姫 Hime?): Sei Ashina (芦名 星 Ashina Sei?)
- Parent Hime : Mitsu Murata
- Chizu Adachi (安達 千寿 Adachi Chizu?): Asae Onishi (大西 麻恵 Ōnishi Asae?)
- Yasuko Aya (綾 泰子 Aya Yasuko?): Yuna Mizuki (水木 ゆうな Mizuki Yūna?)
- Old Man: Shiro Oki (大木 史朗 Ōki Shirō?)
- Asumu Adachi's Uncle: Eiji Kakutani (角谷 栄次 Kakutani Eiji?)
- Asumu Adachi's Aunt: Mina Asa (麻 ミナ Asa Mina?)
- Hiker: Yukiko Ito (伊藤 由紀子 Itō Yukiko?)
- Taku (卓?): Takuto Watanabe (渡邉 奏人 Watanabe Takuto?)
- The section of the opening scene where Asumu is "singing" while speaking a conversation to a friend is similar to the style of conversation seen in the 1964 French film Les Parapluies de Cherbourg (The Umbrellas of Cherbourg).
Kamen Rider Hibiki Volume 1 features episodes 1-4.